Simple Present Tense mi yoksa Continuous mu?
İngilizce’de “şu an” yani “present” durumuna ait iki temel “zaman” bulunmaktadır. Bunlar “simple present” ve “present continuous” tense’lerdir. Bu ikisi arasındaki temel farları aşağıda özetledik…
||I/we/you/they work He/she/it works
||I/we/you/they do not (don’t) work He/she/it does not (doesn’t) work
||Do I/we/you/they work? Does he/she/it work?
- Julio plays the guitar.
- Water freezes at 0°C.
- It takes all sorts to make a world.
- The earth revolves around the sun.
Tekrar eden olaylar
- Mary lives in Dover.
- I often take Eurostar.
- We dine at seven o’clock every evening.
- She works with computers.
- The London coach leaves at 6 o’clock.
- I start a new course next month.
- The train leaves in half an hour.
- He walks into a chemist and asks for a cough mixture.
- How do I install this programme? Just insert the CD in the drive.
- He dodges Trevis, dribbles round Peterson, shoots and … goal!
Devamlı – Kalıcı faaliyetler
Fikir düşünce beyanı
(agree, believe, care, expect, feel, forget, imagine, know, like, love, mean, prefer, promise, remember, suppose, think, understand, want, wish, smell, taste, hear, see)
- She doesn’t believe us.
- Do you think I’m crazy?
- I think she’s right.
- I don’t like him.
- It smells good.
(belong, have, own)
- This book doesn’t belong to me.
(contain, cost, measure, weigh)
- How much does it cost?
- Mr Stuart weighs 80 kg.
(appear, look, seem, see, sound, taste)
- He looks happy.
- She has blue eyes.
Şimdiki zaman (be + ing)
||I am (I’m) working we/you/they are (we’re, you’re, they’re) working He/she/it is (he’s, she’s, it’s) working
||I am (I’m) not working we/you/they are not (aren’t) working He/she/it is not (isn’t) working
||Am I working? Are we/you/they working? Is he/she/it working?
Devam eden olaylar:
- Is something burning?
- Where is (where’s) Susan? She’s waiting outside.
- He’s trying to start the car.
- What’s Jenny doing?
- She’s having a bath.
- Paul is working in a pub until the end of August.
- My eyes are getting weaker.
- The situation is becoming more and more complicated.
- We’re leaving for Mexico tomorrow.
- I’m going to Brighton on holiday next year.
- I’m studying German this year.
- We’re not working this week.